09 March 2014

Sunday Update

Wellllll I have no updates! No baby yet. At my OB appointment last week she said she expected end of the week/this weekend but I always take those estimations with a grain of salt. Still three days from my due date and the baby is going to do what it feels like. My next appointment is tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if she mentions an induction. For now, just enjoying the weekend and relaxing- I'm having a fine time!

Ashton has picked up a new skill though. I've been waiting on this for a really long time. Rolled over to check the monitor this morning and:


No one home. I jolted awake, ran into his room and there he was playing with his tools at the tool bench. His tool bench  that is OUTSIDE of his crib. He said, "Hi Mommy! Ashton has hammmmmer!" 

How long it had been since his escape I'm not sure, but it's a milestone we have finally reached.  I think Ashton saw that this weekend wasnt adding up to much and decided to contribute some excitement. It's true; Jason just lamented the fact that his biggest decision today is what to have for breakfast. He's having some trouble. Maybe things will change and he'll go from picking eggs or a bagel to something much more substantial. Like a baby name. Never know...

2 comments:

  1. I am eagerly awaiting your baby arrival news (I hope its a girl!). Anna has had Ethan in a "big boy bed" since the summer and he has done really well. Just food for thought! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva! I have thought about transitioning him but he still moves all over the place when he sleeps. He won't stay under a blanket or on a pillow so I'm worried he'll roll himself right out of a bed! But if it happens again I am definitely going to consider it for real :)

    ReplyDelete