03 March 2014

Before and After: Nursery for the next new Nill

I can't say that we are totally "ready" for this next baby, but at least the nursery is! There are two main things left to achieve in this room - first, as it used to be our office, it is the only room in the house that is set up for our phone line and wi-fi router. Currently, all the wiring and blinking lights are hanging out under the crib, but I definitely plan on moving them before the baby sleeps in there full time (probably May or so). Second, I should probably take the packaging off the lamp haha.

But here we go! I believe I mentioned we have three bedrooms and then this office upstairs. It is, uh, teeny. Like, 7 feet x 8 feet. But we weren't ready to give up our (also teeny) third bedroom so we decided to be creative. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't starting to hyperventilate a little bit when Jason was building our new master closet. The room fast became a dumping ground and looked like this:


Immediately to the right, we had a corner desk that housed more junk:


This room and its messiness was giving me hives so I was grateful for a chance to turn it around. 

I'm proud to say it now looks like this:


Here's the before on the desk wall:


And the after:


We got a little mini crib (thanks Kari!) because Ashton's not out of his yet, nor do I want to rush him, and also now that everything else is in there, not sure it will fit that well. I need to get a crib skirt, you'll see the wires I mentioned underneath. Anyway, I made the paper flag bunting myself, and also did a frame wall over the chair using free printables I found online:



One of my favorite things about the room is the hutch. I found it (and the glider chair) on Craigslist. We positioned it in front of the door that leads up to the attic (it's a full walkup) and it is everything we need it to be in just one piece of furniture. Did I mention this room is teeny? :)


The bassinet will go in our room for the first 6-8 weeks until we are ready to move the baby in here full-time.

Anyway, considering we did not change the existing paint color (Palladian Blue by Benjamin Moore) and I managed to find a rug, chair, etc. and tie it all together, I was very happy. Overall there is no theme considering we don't know the sex; this fact has gone from being minorly to majorly annoying as I've tried to get ready for this baby's arrival. But colors are basically aqua, yellow and gray.

And that's it for our office-turned-nursery! Still 9 days from my due date, I've had a few contractions but nothing to shake a stick at. I've had a pretty bad cold for the past week and am feeling drained - I am hoping this baby knows to wait until I am back up to snuff before deciding to put me through what I know is coming! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment