03 February 2014

Ka-ching!

Yesterday was a wonderfully abnormal day for me. Instead of playing trains, first I got to go to brunch with my girlfriends, and then later that day we headed out to Berg and Karen's for their annual Superbowl party. What does this mean? Well, it means that I got dressed in an actual outfit, with real jewelry, skinny jeans, boots, the works. And I stayed in it all day. Why change when I looked so fabulous? Anyway, that's not the point of this post.

We got back from the party after halftime and were in the process of putting Ashton to bed. I guess because I had my hair down all day, Ashton had failed to spy my earrings:


The light must have glinted off them just so because when I turned around to take him after his tub...


In a flash, my sweet little boy turned into a relative of Golum from Lord of the Rings. "COINS! Mommy's coins! I want them! I want see coins!" and lunged for the shiny "money" hanging from my ears. I jumped back - who was this monster??

After he was calm, I did let him take a closer look but I swear he was mumbling, "Coins...Ashton want coins...I see them..." and rubbing his hands together.

Maybe it's time to break open that piggy bank or start him on an allowance. Something. I hid the earrings in my jewelry box last night but still slept with one eye open. Who knew toddlers could be so greedy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment