18 February 2014

37 Weeks

It seems like a split second ago I posted about being 32 weeks pregnant and now here I am at 37 (well, one day shy). Eeeeeek! I had an OB appointment this morning and when I checked in, she said, "Ok, at this point in the pregnancy I am going to need you to sign this..." and handed me a sheet that said "FINAL INSURANCE INFORMATION" in all caps. And then when I was getting my weight (+33) and blood pressure checked, I got THIS scary piece of paper.


You can't tell but it's a nice shade of pink. Is that supposed to make it less sinister??

The check-up went fine, I've definitely noticed some changes in pressure the last week or so and was not surprised to hear that I'm already roughly 2 cm dilated (I was with Ashton at 37 weeks as well). There's other info that reveals this baby does plan to come out soon but I won't overshare :-D

My actual OB is on vacation this week but is typically in the office Mondays and Thursdays. When the NP wrapped up this morning she said, "Ok, see you in one week," I replied, "Should I come Monday or Thursday next week then - for Dr. Konig?" and she said, with zero hesitation, "MONDAY."

So that's where we're at. I'm hoping that I still have a couple weeks left - for some reason I keep thinking March 5 will be when this all goes down. Fingers crossed it's not before that because people we are in a SCRAMBLE. We are trying to acquire all the bits of things we know we'll need to bring the baby home and to that end, we took a trip to Babies R Us yesterday. What a difference 2.5 years makes:

Babies R Us while pregnant with Ashton:
Total trips: 5+, including one 3 hour one to create baby registry
"Look how cool this is! We should get it."
"They've really thought of everything!"
"Look how tiny the clothes are! Awww!"
"Do you think we'll need this one, this one or this one? Let's get all three."
"What if the baby likes this? We should get it."
"Would this be a waste of money though? We should wait."
"What if we wait but need it right away? Let's get it actually."
"I think I want this, too."
"I read great reviews for this. We should get it."
"Which color is cutest?"
"I heard this is a must-have. We're getting it."
"I like the one in the other aisle more. Let's go back."
"I wonder which one is better, this one or this one..."
"Gosh, what IS this? Look it up."
"Do you think it would be easiest with velcro, snaps or zippers?"
"I don't know... let's just get it."

Babies R Us while pregnant this time:
Total trips: 1.
"Yes."
"No."
"No, that thing is useless."
"No."
"Yes. That one is amazing and I need another."
"Yes."
"No."
"No."
"I can get a better price on Amazon."
"Ok all done. We're out of here."

Much more efficient the second time around.

I know I owe you a final closet post and a nursery post complete with the before and after pictures that I love so much. We are wrapping all of that up as fast as possible. I'll also be sharing the latest on names, thoughts on being a mom again, and everything in between...all by March 5 of course, perhaps March 1 to be safe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment