27 August 2013

A Beautiful Wedding

A couple weekends ago on August 16th, two very dear friends of ours got married. The groom (Jason Lomberg aka "Berg") has been Jason's best friend since freshman year of college. Berg and Karen met at the same restaurant that Jason and I did way back when so we have all been friends for a very long time. The wedding was held at the Hyatt Harborside which has an absolutely stunning view of Boston across the harbor. It was a gorgeous evening - their ceremony was right on the water and officiated by another very good friend, Mr. Bob Kollar. Jason was the best man and A New Nill's own Ashton Christopher made his debut as the ringbearer extraordinaire. He was adorable in his little charcoal gray suit and hot pink bowtie, clutching his tractor for dear life:


 But his performance was nearly flawless. I say nearly because his boutonniere didn't last until the ceremony  (the flower on his jacket was just too interesting to let be) and he offered the pillow to the first guy he saw.


But then I knelt down, pointed to Jason at the other end and said, "Bring the pillow to Daddy!" and he was confused for a minute but then ambled off down the aisle. He held the pillow straight out the whole way. Honestly I was so proud watching him that I nearly cried, he was so cute.
At this point, I passed Ashton off to his "handlers" (GG and Grandpa Pat) and the rest of the ceremony was just perfect.
After a couple of pictures post-ceremony, GG and Grandpa Pat took Ashton home and Jason and I stayed and had a wonderful night! We slept at the hotel which marked the second night I had ever been away from Ashton in his whole life. And boy was I fine with it.

Here are some fabulous detail shots as well as some of my other favorites. Jason's whole family was there (Berg has been a friend for so long he is an honorary family member) and tons of my friends and we had a great time. Karen, you looked totally and absolutely gorgeous and I want to thank both you and Berg for letting us all share in a beautiful night of love and laughter. Congratulations!! :) xoxox

Like could NOT stop taking pictures of the view and the sunset. Gorgeous!

p.s. This is the link to a video of the processional (Ashton comes in around the 1 min 40 second mark) and this is the link to Karen and her dad walking down the aisle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment