14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

Earlier this week I had one of those days with an impossibly long to-do list, both for work and for home. My list was divided between me and Jason, times of day and who was going to what. That's just how I roll when I need to get things accomplished. On Jason's list, when he was at CVS, was to "Get Valentines." Ashton's daycare was doing an exchange and I had meant all weekend to do something cute and homemade from Pinterest. Alas, I had not. So I told him, "Just get some paper Mickey ones or whatever."

He got these.

That's a cat. AND a hologram. The whole pack was like psychedelic pets. No, no, no, no, no. Sigh. I thanked Jason for his efforts (he swore that they were "all they had"), crossed my fingers and went digging in the basement. I have so much stuff down there, stickers, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, paper...surely I could come up with something that was valentine-worthy. 

Luckily enough, I found a set of 10 pink and red cards, cut some hearts, glued some rhinestones - and ta-da! 


They were all decorated slightly differently and had varying messages: "I like playing with you!" "You're a great friend!" etc etc. Now, I'm not going to win any awards with these. But at least there won't be a bunch of tripped-out toddlers wandering around like there would have been if I had sent Jason's. 

I admit that assembling all these at 10 pm the night before they were "due" made me flash forward to all the science fair projects, math homework, and english papers I will likely be helping out on in the future. Combined with the fact that we got Ashton's preschool acceptance letter in the mail yesterday...like whoa! What is happening?? Time flies.

Anyway, this post is dedicated to my amazing, wonderful, does-it-all husband Jason. He takes care of whatever projects I ask him to, cooks me dinner, and remains in good spirits when I knock his efforts (like the valentines) or tease him on this blog (I don't think he reads it). I even told him last night that I wasn't getting him anything for Valentines Day. Aren't I the best? Love you honey :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm crying laughing thinking about tripped-out toddlers. hahaha. Happy Valentine's Day Nill family! :))

    ReplyDelete