09 January 2012

Return to normalcy

As you can imagine, the excitement over our news appearances last week has died down considerably. In fact, the spotlight has moved on completely and we have been forced back into our day jobs like ordinary people. Imagine! Luckily, my day job is hanging out with Ashton so things aren't so bad :) Especially when he naps like he is supposed to, i.e. today! Nap 1: 9:00 am to 11:20 am, Nap 2: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Woo! Although, he really did owe me because he was up all night last night, it seems he forgot he was supposed to go until 5 am without a peep. He forgot BIG time. Anyway, while we have a big week coming up with an extraordinary amount of stuff going on, the past several days have been mostly chill. The mini is in the shop so we have been homebound and it has been ok for the most part. Ashton and I read stories and play and generally stay in our pajamas way too long. I am trying to help him learn how to sit up on his own. Today on his playmat he rolled from his back to his front and then back again, a few times in a row. Quick, someone call Channel 7 News!! Get them back here ASAP!

So I really don't have much for my readers today except I finally began to work on our wedding album tonight. As a reminder, we got married on 9/26/09 but so much has happened and it has been such an overwhelming task that our album was never completed. I have to admit, it has been pretty fun to go back through our amazing pictures. For starters, how unbelievably handsome is my husband?


He's at work right now and doesn't know I'm posting this but when he does read it: I love you babe. Thank you for everything you do for our family and for always always staying positive, being patient, and for your encouragement on tough days. I wouldn't (and couldn't) be me without you.

Here are a couple more of my favorites from the day:





Don't you want to be at this party right now?


I also admit I watched our wedding slideshow again tonight for the zillionth time. It never gets old and I feel so lucky all over again every time I look at our pictures. We have wonderful friends and family and now an adorable, healthy baby. Life is good :) xoxo

1 comment: