08 June 2017

Tooth Fairy!

About 3 hours after I wrote that last post about Ashton having a loose tooth, things took a turn. It doesn't seem accurate to say it fell out or he lost it. No, I had to yank it. I got home and it was pretty much hanging by a thread. Tooth 24 in the Universal Numbering System, your time had come. So I rolled up my sleeves, grabbed a tissue for some grip and went in. Ashton was surprisingly brave. As a matter of fact, so was I! We're talking serious heebie jeebie territory and neither one of us knew what to expect. It took me a few tries and Ashton and I were both pretty tense, but when it finally popped out we cheered at the same time! We really did :) He was so excited and proud! It was a great moment that I really hope he always remembers because I absolutely will.




I'll spare you the pictures of the bloody socket. No one wants to see those not even me. 

After we Facetimed with Jason and things calmed down a bit, the questions began. So was the Tooth Fairy going to come? How much would she leave? Would it be a big coin like a silver dollar? Where does she live when she is not flying around at night time to get the teeth? What does she do with all the teeth she collects from children? Does she have a house? Is her house big enough to hold all of them? If it's not then where does she put them? And where does she get all the money she leaves under the pillow? Does she have another job? 

And on.
And on.
And on. Worse than last year

Anyway, the lower central incisor got a custom made Lego box and Ashton was very intent on leaving instructions for the Tooth Fairy (Legos can be tough to get apart and this fact was quite worrisome).  


 
He was also worried about the whole "under the pillow" thing and chose to leave it on the windowsill. Which of course was fine by me.



He couldn't sleep. He said "I can't believe it's Christmas." I said it is not Christmas, you lost a small tooth so hopefully the Tooth Fairy will bring you a little bit of money but that's it. No note, no presents, nothing else. Okay?? "Ok."

I did not want to set any insane precedent for the Tooth Fairy because we have a lot of teeth left to go. And then I'll have all of Alex's. So Ashton got $5, which even seems like a lot. He was up at 6 am which of course is way too early but when the Tooth Fairy has come for the first time, it's a little exciting :) Big milestone - yay Ashton!

No comments:

Post a Comment