06 June 2017

The sun will come ouuuuuut....tomorrow?

UGH. I mean, for real. The weather over the past 6-8 weeks has been nothing short of abysmal. Cloudy, misty, and completely unwarm. I think they said there were 5 total sunny days in May, whatever. Memorial Day was a washout, literally, and sometimes you wake up to blue skies and by noon HAHAHA just kidding.

Life goes on though, as it does. I guess the major announcement is that Alex is potty trained! Just like with Ashton, it took maybe...5 hours? He nailed it. He proudly tells me when he needs go and hops on the big potty like a boss (as he should at age 3.3!). He still sits to pee and the funniest thing is that when he is done, he balls up some toilet paper and drops it straight through his legs into the water. There is no purpose for this except that it seems to be his interpretation of what I do.

And then there is the art of the nature pee.


I'm not proud of this but it is very convenient to have boys.

So now I'm saving all kinds of money on diapers AND Alex will be seen in the same swim trunks as Ashton. I'm obsessed with them.




I dug them out for him to try on pretty much instantly ;) You just can't pull those off with a swim diaper underneath.

Alex also loves worms lately.

 

He told me he wanted to bring them inside and give them a bath. I said, "Uh, no. We are not a worm spa." "But YEAH Mommy! Da worm needs a TUBBY cause when I dirty dat's what I haf ta do!"

The boys love bugs in general. They get plastic containers and go outside and get ants, roly polies, etc. and build them little habitats with sticks and leaves. It's really cute, until their new friends go on the lam. Do you know how many times I find the [open] containers somewhere in the house with ONLY the sticks and leaves still in them? It's not a good feeling.

I forgive them though, because this.


They just walk around and hold hands sometimes and I think my heart will explode. Or they scooter side by side.


Yes they are still in their pajamas in that one. We start early.

What else...the big thing in Ashton's world right now is he has two loose "wiggly" bottom teeth, so the Tooth Fairy's first visit is imminent...and shaping up to be a lesson in disappointment. He mentioned that perhaps he would get a hundred dollars. That should be interesting, you know, when he doesn't.

I have saved the best for last. It took a month, but my campaign for this monstrosity was finally successful.


This bounce house has, so far, been the single most amazing thing that has ever happened in our backyard. We got it last Friday and bedtimes all weekend long were on average 45 minutes earlier. That's what they call a win.

And with that, this newsy newsletter post of a blog is concluded. I'll leave you with a picture that pretty much sums things up lately.


Those are tire tracks on a banana that was innocently resting on the counter. I'm considering doing a blog post entitled "things I have found in the laundry", because it would really show off how random life with these boys can be. For now, the banana.

3 comments:

  1. A Los 2 Niños Que Sí Se Encueran Para Aver Quitándosela La Ropa Y Tu Pilin Primero Y Tu Pilin Y Tu Culo

    ReplyDelete