20 June 2017

Father's Day 2017

What I like to do with these posts that happen every year is to look back at what I wrote the year before. So I just went to look at my "Father's Day 2016" post and realized, uh, there isn't one. I thought hmmm that's odd. But THEN I scrolled back in my camera roll and saw that I had had my ear surgeries a few days before Father's Day last year and was in an anesthesia fog for a week+ afterwards. So that explains it. 2017 was better than 2016 for me based on that fact alone.

But Father's Day isn't about me. It used to be about my dad but has become increasingly more about Jason (sorry Poppy :-/ ). But now it's really about the boys and THEIR presents for Daddy that THEY open because the presents are from THEM. Every single day, for a week leading up to it, they would ask "is it Father's Day yet?" Their gift-radar was beeping, big time. (The radar isn't perfect, it can't distinguish the intended recipient, so the boys just open pretty much everything themselves regardless of who the gift is for. Ask Jayden. Or Owen. Or Kayleigh. Or Jason, in this case.)






Here's the video of Ashton giving Jason "his" gift. Don't you know, Jason is putting that on his keys whether he likes it or not ;)

The rest of the day we pretty much just putzed around. We had decided not to go to the beach because it was cloudy and kind of clammy out, so the end result was me cleaning/doing laundry while Jason mowed the lawn and then after lunch we went to the pool for a couple hours. Then, they watched the golf on TV. Jason had mentioned the US Open many times that day and said that all he wanted to do was sit down and watch it.


At one point Alex had had enough and wanted to watch Inspector Gadget and Ashton, fiercely protective, said "Nope! That's IT! We HAVE to watch this Alex, it's the LAST DAY of the contest! We are ONLY WATCHING GOLF from now on!" Alex cried while Ashton crossed his arms unrelentingly and Jason poured himself another beer. It was so un-relaxing ;)

We love you Jason! You are everything the boys want to be and the hero in their lives every day. Thank you for being you. xoxoxox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment