31 October 2013

Halloween: Part 1

Ashton's still at the age where, quite frankly, he is clueless. I mean he knows his routines, favorite stories and familiar people and all that, but has he been eagerly anticipating Halloween? Does he have any idea what it is? No. Which means I still have control over his costume, and I love me some hand-me-downs. We got the cutest dragon from Grandma and thankfully a couple weeks ago, Jason thought to have a try-on. I said, "Well, it's a size 2-4, how could it not fit?"


And judging from his reaction to having it on, likely too tight in the crotch as well. The whole thing was too small - the elastic ankle bands hit more like mid-calf and the part that did hit his ankle was supposed to be down over his shoes. So, Plan B: he is going as a lion. This is also a hand-me-down and strikingly similar to the giraffe he was last year. But again, does Ashton care that he will be a tan safari animal two years in a row? Nope. At least, I think he won't...check back tomorrow for an update.

Earlier this week we also got our pumpkins ready. Ashton really, really did not like the scooping out part. Wouldn't touch the insides, kept whining and repeating, "No. No. No!" It is definitely slimy so I get it. In general, he was very unsure with no smiles anywhere in sight.

After "Jack" was done, we put a candle in, turned off the lights and Ashton perked up a little...but in general they never truly hit it off so we saved the bigger ones for after he went to bed. Here is the final crew, ready and waiting for tonight!


Jason's is obviously the best and the one on top. Baby pumpkin stayed as is and I was so tired mine didn't even get a nose. 

Off to pick up my little lion for some Halloween fun! Pics tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment