25 October 2013

Baby Update

I do anticipate that unless you are a family member, are pregnant yourself, or have recently been through pregnancy, this post won't do it for you. Nonetheless, our next new Nill is halfway to being here so I thought I'd share an update.

First, we had the chance two weeks ago to find out boy or girl. We had told her in the beginning we were planning to keep it a surprise but at the end, when she said, "Ok, if you really don't want to know, don't look because I have to take some measurements." I said, "You know what it is?" and she said, "Yep!" and in that moment I nearly cracked and said "Tell me!!" But Jason reeled me in. So, we left happy in knowing that everything looked good but that we were able to keep the sex a surprise until March.



And little feet:

It's just so dark in there. And can you imagine how cramped? No thanks. 

So let's see. I remember feeling in general a lot better overall when I was pregnant with Ashton. The tiredness hasn't really gone away and a lot of days I just want to lay down. This probably has something to do with chasing a 2 year old for hours after work and all the associated extra cleaning, laundry and energy that said 2 year old comes with. Definitely not as easy this time around. 

Despite the additional activity, I am currently +15 pounds from my starting weight and last time at this point I was +10. With Halloween coming up (and uh, then Thanksgiving and Christmas) I don't see myself making up the deficit. Oh well.

Ashton is catching on. I first told him, "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" and he stared at me for awhile. I said it again and he came over and lifted up my shirt to look at my stomach. After a moment of confusion and seeing nothing regarding this alleged baby, he ran off to play. But now when I ask him "Where's Mommy's baby?" he will point or sometimes say "tummy!" and he nods when I ask him if he knows he is going to be a big brother. 

So here I am! Not the best picture haha. I look a little lumpy, among other things. 20 weeks down, 20 to go...


1 comment:

  1. I look like you at 12 weeks! Can't wait till the 20 week mark! JP

    ReplyDelete