17 October 2013

Air Jason

Despite having been married to Jason for 4 years, earlier this week I learned something about him that I never knew before: he can dunk. Like, on a basketball hoop. Whoa honey! I was somewhat less shocked to learn about his life above the rim than I was when I found out he used to have his tongue pierced (?!?!), but still shocked nonetheless. But this post isn't "fun facts you never knew about Jason" (al-thooooough...that could be interesting ;) )

But anyways there we were, down at the middle school tennis/basketball courts playing with a mini soccer ball with Ashton. Just passing it around, kick kick kick, la la la. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, Jason grabs the ball, jumps up and soars through the air and slams it down through the net. Again, ?!?! "White Men Can't Jump"? Psssh! Not on this court! Ashton, naturally, went bananas. I got out my camera and totally made Jason do it again (uh, and again and again) so I could capture how cute Ashton was being.






It never got old. But after awhile, just to make sure we hadn't forgotten that he is a toddler with unreasonable demands, Ashton wanted to try it himself. I ended up learning something else about Jason: he is an incredible coach. After getting him comfortable with the height:


We somehow went from this: 


To this:


That, my friends, is a real picture.

After witnessing such a spectacular showing of unknown talent, I walked home in a shocked stupor behind them. Such an ordinary picture of two extraordinary boys. Extraordinary to me, anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment