16 October 2013

Before and After: Photo Wall

Another little house project that took me months to complete. I wanted to do the trendy photo wall thing and at first thought I would be doing all different frames, mediums, colors, etc. You know, a mish mash that somehow all looks effortlessly great together. Like this:


Nope. After spending way too long collecting frames, spray painting some, trying to figure out which ones should be big and which should be small, where the words and cool art should go...I settled for all white and pictures only. As soon as I gave in to this it got much easier. These photo walls are harder than they look! So here's the true BEFORE:


It's blurry because I was likely running after Ashton. That was before we moved in. Once we did, we painted:


 Once I had all my frames ready to go, I cut pieces of paper that were of equal size and taped them up so I could adjust the pattern as I went. I bought a kit of 7 frames from Amazon that actually came with paper guides so that was helpful for some of them.


 Once I had everything where I wanted it (or, good enough) I naturally made Jason do the rest. Here is the AFTER, hastily taken this morning so all the frames are not entirely straight :-/


Now mind you, getting these frames up in the first place was such a feat that they sat half empty for 3 months because I could not decide which pictures to put in. But I finally did that yesterday and hence, this post. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment