08 May 2017

Friday Night in Naples

If you remember my last post, it was about two giant cardboard boxes in our living room that became a fort. I named it Naples. I predicted my Friday night would be especially easy with Naples around and she did not disappoint. Disaster nearly struck when I could not find any mini flashlights for the boys to take in there. Usually there are at least 20 of them in the junk drawer, but of course, Friday night, there were none. And our big flashlight takes a D battery, I mean who has D batteries on hand. Not me. So we went foraging into Jason's work bench and ta-dah! Headlamps!



They went to work right away coloring the inside.



Look at the random creepy face Ashton drew.


Like what is that? He told me it was a cave monster.


Then they covered the roof with "hot lava" (?):


But you know what, as long as they are entertaining themselves, bring on the molten hot rock (imaginary only).

Saturday and Sunday we went to Long Island for a quick overnight to celebrate Owen's 5th birthday. The boys did this the entire time, much to Grandpa's dismay ;)


Those are their remote control Raptor trucks on the pool cover. They whizzed around for hours.

Anyway it was my first solo trip, and my first time just staying one night, but we had a great time! And I got one of my most favorite pictures yet of the three cousins:


Ironically the last one I took out of about 500. Happy birthday Owen!! We loved your party and really loved the goodie bags ;)

Stay tuned for Kindergarten orientation this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment