13 December 2016

We clean up nice

This is just a quick post so I can look back when I'm 80 and remember that at one point, Jason and I still had it ;) We got all dressed up for the Brae Burn gala last weekend and I think we turned out pretty good!


Rewind to a month ago and I said, "If you want me to go to this, it's realllllly gonna cost ya! I'm talking hair, nails, dress, dress alterations, jewelry, MAYBE new shoes, and also Jen for 8 hours..."

And so it was. Hair (low side bun thing, horrible picture attempt):


Nails (gold, to match my shoes, naturally)


Dress (I barely let the boys touch me, see the broom there on the side? I was ready to use it.):


Ashton said "I hope you don't get any mess on your dress Mommy!" while Alex gawked at me wondering where his mom went. 

Yes, we were very fancy for a night. I thought I had achieved the impossible in getting out of the house in one piece, until I got to Brae Burn and these acrobats were hanging in the staircase!




Three flights up. You can't even do it justice with pictures! The party had a cirque de soleil theme, hence the acrobats ;) The night was full of things I definitely don't do every day and there's nothing like a fun holiday party to get you in the spirit of things. 

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment