12 May 2015

Mother's Day

Welcome to my fourth Mother's Day! Whaaaaaaat? Yes.

It was a long hot day, let me tell you. The boys had a nice sleep and woke up around 7:15 am. Jason said he was going to take them for a walk down to Dunkin Donuts and I could stay in bed if I wanted to, but by the time Ashton came in and bounced all over me I was awake so I ended up going with them. It was a gorgeous morning. We got back, had breakfast, Ashton opened my cards and then Jason had to go to work. But don't cry for me, Argentina - even though we didn't do anything special as a family, I spent the day with my boys and that's what this holiday is all about! We invited Jackson and Adrian over for lunch as their dad was working as well, and much of the afternoon looked like this in our backyard.


We had gone to Target that morning so we had a fresh supply of water guns. Alex loved the kiddie pool and in general it felt so nice to be outside surrounded by 1,455 toys (the majority are not pictured). And then after PM naps, I got to go where every mom dreams of going on Mother's Day which is, quite obviously, Home Depot. We needed an outdoor box/chest to hold all those aforementioned toys and I wanted to look at those over-the-railing planters. It was shockingly busy.

Dinner was basically watermelon on the deck. Ashton is at a terrible age when it comes to food battles and for Mother's Day I gave myself permission to let them have whatever they wanted. It ended up being watermelon, cheerios and milk. Fine.


They were both scrubbed head to toe in the tub, Alex was out by 7:15 pm and Ashton by 7:45. I went outside, put my feet up and enjoyed the quiet.

 
Don't let the peanuts cup fool you. There's a not-exactly-weak gin and tonic in there ;)

Jason got home around 9:15 pm with dinner and flowers and that was the end of May 10th, 2015. It was a day filled with the usual madness of having two dirt-seeking boys that are fast and determined to do what they want. The two best gifts I could ask for. Happy Mother's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment