30 March 2015

Baby Berg!

I can't remember if I have told this story here or not. Some 17 years ago, when Jason Nill showed up at Colby-Sawyer for his freshman year of college, he met his roommate who also happened to be named Jason (Lomberg). At some point soon thereafter, Jason Lomberg started going by "Berg" in order to differentiate and to this day, we still call him that and he and Jason are still best friends. You might remember Berg and Karen's wedding (I was 10 weeks pregnant with Alex!) but you also likely recognize them as regulars here on this blog (they have come for Thanksgiving, birthdays, to Long Island, etc etc). Anyway, Ashton calls them Uncle Berg and Uncle Karen (we are working on the more gender-appropriate title of Aunt), they bought a house two miles away, and are expecting their first baby (a boy!) on 5/15/15. I had the honor of hosting Karen's baby shower this past Saturday at their house and it was a perfect little party if you ask me :) We all had so much fun.

So, pictures! Her nursery has an elephant theme, I'm so bummed I did not snap a few pictures of how adorable it is. But we carried that theme and her colors (aqua and gray) throughout, starting with the invitations:



I confess, Who Sank the Boat is one of my all-time favorite childhood stories. I remember so clearly my mom reading it to me but I brought Karen "Dear Zoo" instead. The boys haven't gotten to Who Sank the Boat yet. But I digress.

Saturday morning Jen came to watch the boys and Jason and I headed over to start decorating party central. I don't have any pictures of that but I do have some of the finished product!

I had handmade most of the decorations, Jason blew up the balloons, Berg chilled the champagne, and Karen actually made her famous deviled eggs before heading off to get her nails done :) I had Panera cater the sandwiches and salad and the pastry chef at Brae Burn made the cake and the favor pops. I was so happy with how everything came out! We had lunch, presents, some dessert and a group photo...


and then we played the one game that I had set up:


Not a lot of rules to this one and pretty self explanatory. Everyone took a guess, even I did not know the answer! Jason had counted them out the night before (196) so we all took turns. I almost had it at 180 but was slightly beat out by the winning guess of 187, which I was fine with because it would have looked a little fishy if I was magically the closest. The guess range was anywhere from 77-300, it was funny to read all the slips haha. Anyway, I share this because if you ever find yourself at a party where you have to speculate how many small objects are in a jar this size, the answer is 196. Write that down. If they are giving out the same prize that I did, you could win a Target giftcard!

Overall, the shower was a big success and I'll end with my favorite picture, which is when I said, "Karen, give me a 'I'm pregnant and obviously loving this cake!' kind of smile" and she did and I think it is just about the cutest shot ever. 


(And one of the only ones in focus from like the whole day. Either my camera stinks at taking pictures or I do, but how difficult can the auto setting be? It's very frustrating.)

Anyway, the Nills can't wait to meet you Baby Berg! You are going to have awesome parents and we all love you so much already! Home stretch!! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment