28 June 2013

Ashton meets Papa and GG!

MY Papa and GG! As in, my mom's parents. As in, Ashton's great grandparents! Papa and GG live in Southern California and we had so much fun visiting them growing up. Their pool, the beach, our cousins...and then as we got older, lots of good shopping and relaxation from our busy lives.

The last time I was out there I was about 6 months pregnant with Ashton. So it has been a little over two years since I've seen them. Life has been a bit hectic and there has been no good time to visit so luckily for me, this past weekend they came HERE! And Ashton got to meet his great grandparents, it was so wonderful. We saw them three days in a row and I don't think anyone will argue with me that Ashton and Papa were two peas in a pod almost immediately! The first night Ashton sat on his lap and they played this little game, stacking magnets on top of a wine cap. It went on for at least 45 minutes, I'm not even kidding.



Naturally, we cheered when he stacked them all :)



Then they watched some planes in the sky:


And then Ashton moved on to some playdough with GG:




Then we tried to get the perfect Papa-GG-Ashton shot and out of honestly 20 attempts these are the best ones!



Over the next couple days we did some walking, some splash-parking and lots of beautiful outside deck time just hanging out and being together. It looked a lot like this a lot of the time:





Everyone is laughing because GG had gone to pick Ashton up to sit on her lap, and he scrambled right off and hopped over to Papa and sat there with an expression like, I'M NOT MOVING.


As I said, two peas :)

One of my favorite pictures (for the meaning, NOT how I look) was this one. One bench, four generations!


Anyway, it was just a perfect visit. Papa and GG- I love you so much! Thank you for coming.  And I will send you some prints. XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment