20 April 2017

Easter 2017

I will say, Sunday April 16 was probably one of the most beautiful days imaginable. Warm in the sun, a slight breeze...it was outside-all-day weather and that's where the boys and I spent it. I've kind of had the blogging blahs, so I made a special effort to document our day so I'd have lots of good photos for my Easter post. We flew kites, dug in the sandbox, swung at the playground, went for a bike ride, a walk, another bike ride, another walk, and both lunch AND dinner were on the back deck. By the end of the day, the boys had no shirts on and ice cream dribbling down their faces, a most welcome sign that summer is on its way! I got some really cute pictures of my two little bunnies having a great time.

So then, on Monday morning, Alex came into my room and made off with my phone. Both he and Ashton love to sneak in while we are sleeping and steal it to play an app or something. Well somehow, he reset it and the last iCloud backup I had was Saturday night. As I restored my phone, I realized this would mean that every picture I took on Sunday was gone, vaporized into the abyss.

Luckily, Jason had snapped a couple in the morning during the egg hunt and basket-opening before he left for work, but it's a far cry from what I planned to post. Oh well :-/













HAPPY EASTER!


I'll admit, by the end of the day we were a taaaaaad bored. So I packed them up and we went to Walmart because I knew they were open, and the water guns that had been in their Easter baskets had broken instantly (I suspect the Easter Bunny shops at the dollar store). So Ashton and Alex each picked out a new magnum super mega-soaker something or other and we came home and had a good water fight (with warm water from the sink - hey, the sun had gone down!).

So we pretty much did nothing except hang out. There was no brunch, no bowties, no church. But I was so grateful for the beautiful weather that even though the clock moved verrrrrrrry slowwwwwwwwwly, the day was really relaxed and the boys could not have been (seriously, COULD NOT have been) more excited to open all the eggs they had found. With his mouth full of jelly beans, Ashton said repeatedly, "This is the best Easter EVER!" and then added "but not better than Halloween. There's even more candy at Halloween" and then both boys started chattering about what their costumes would be. On to the next, I guess ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment