16 November 2016

Art Imitates Life

Ashton has turned into a little drawing machine. He made me a very nice birthday card that he claimed "only had the rainbow on it because he loved me". He likes to do representations of what he thinks our family looks like and lately has been recreating important scenes in his life. He gave me this last night.

"Mommy! Let me tell you what this is. This is me right here, see? In the middle. And then this is my dinner on the counter that I'm eating. Yes, that's my dinner and this, on my other side, is the cabinet with my Halloween candy in it. And I'm telling you that I am all done with my dinner and I really, REALLY want a special treat from the cabinet and here is you and you are not happy and you are saying no to the candy because I didn't eat any dinner and you spent a lot of time making it. You really are not happy, see Mommy? See? This is you."

To ease your understanding, here is the decoded version.






























I mean I was a bit speechless at first. But then, it's based on a true story, so I put it on the fridge and started to make dinner, thinking I already knew how things were going to turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment