22 August 2016

Summer Vacay 2016

There's been a quite a delay here on this post! We usually take the third or fourth week in July for our family vacation and this year was no exception! However, the house we have rented on Block Island for the past couple of years was not available, plus we just renovated our kitchen which was a sizable chunk of change, so we played it easy. Instead of BI (like in 20132014 and 2015), we headed to Long Island for a week with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Chris, Aunt Lizzie and Cousin Owen (aka Jason's family - I mean, they're my family too...you know what I'm saying).

Of course the weather was beautiful and we fell into our vacation routine straight away. Breakfast, pack up the lunches and the car, head to the beach, come home and go in the pool. Whilst floating, agonize over the most important decision of the day which was always "What should I drink right now?" Once that was behind us, the rest of the evening sailed on by.

Ahhh it was perfect. Jason and I got out to do some shopping and on the last night we got all dressed up and went out for dinner. Other than that, I think we were in our bathing suits the whole time!

Here is the part where I cringe though. I use Dropbox religiously and uploaded half of my pictures (ahem, like 200) and then once they were "up", I deleted those 200 photos from my phone to make room for more. (And yes, I deleted the deleted folder.) This is the story of my life. Turns out the Dropbox upload never completed, and I couldn't restart it because I had already deleted the pictures with no way to recover them. So I only have pictures from the second half of the week :( I took some of Jason's though, and here is how things went in general. A week full of wet bathing suits, sunscreen, sand, water, turtles, minnows, fishing, crabs, snails, swimming and shirtless dinners (uh, the kids). Per usual, no award winners, but that's my life haha. Except maybe this thread on Alex's first time boogie-boarding! I die.





[the wave totally flipped him over right after that but he still came out smiling!]






Liz told me one day that there was a (deceased) turtle stuck in the lattice under the deck. Apparently it had tried to crawl through but had gotten stuck and had been there almost a week. I was beside myself, I just kept saying how bad I felt for it and finally, because I could not stop thinking about it, sent Jason in to get the body. Well he poked it and IT MOVED!! It was alive!! We gave it some water and I tried to feed it some lettuce (not interested) and Ashton and Owen had a quick play with it before we set it off into the woods.


I was so happy, I can't even tell you. To be stuck in some lattice, unable to free yourself? What a way to go.

Moving on, in no particular order and not needing an explanation like the turtle picture did. the rest!





















































How was your week, Alex?


Sailing home :) See you next year, summer vacation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment