22 October 2015

Weekend awaaaaaay!!

So Jason and I managed to get out of the house this past weekend. Three days, two nights, zero kids. It was poetic. We attended a fabulous wedding, shopped til we dropped at the Tanger Outlets, went out to dinner and slept late. And I did not change one diaper or perhaps more significantly, I did not wash one dish. I wasn't in the kitchen at all! Sorry to say, I loved every minute :) STARTING WITH the completely gorgeous wedding of two of the most beautiful people ever: Evan and Kaelyn. I am 100% certain they don't read this but I'm going to post about it anyway. Evan is one of Jason's best friends from college, he and Kaelyn live in Manhattan and we try to make it to a Giants game with them every fall. Except this one, because they were busy getting married :) This past Friday, October 16 at Wolffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaponack, NY, this was my view at approximately 4 pm:


That's rosé, of course. Some of my other favorites from the wedding and events:



.







The story about my dress. Back in September, I had ordered two dresses from Rent the Runway for this black-tie-optional occasion. I wanted to wear a really special cocktail dress and knew that even if I could find what I was looking for in a store, I didn't have time to shop for it. So I picked out a couple of sparkly numbers to have delivered to me on Thursday, the day before the wedding. 

Fast forward to last week. There I am in TJ Maxx and I think to myself, "I should really have a backup dress for the wedding, just in case the dresses from RTR don't fit, they don't come, etc." I perused the racks, found a gold one, forty bucks, loved it, done. I ask you, when is TJ Maxx not the greatest.

I won't bore you with the long saga of what happened but the dresses from RTR were not delivered in time. I was very stressed and very disappointed, The package did eventually arrive (sometime when we were already at the wedding) so I tried them on for fun the next day.


Excuse my morning-after hair and makeup ha! Although the dresses were fabulous (the navy blue one has an open slit in the back), in the end my backup dress was perfect. Funny how things work out.

Anyway, after my fashion show, Jason and I headed over to the Tanger Outlets and spent 2.5 hours in the Pottery Barn outlet. I'm telling you, I was in some sort of heaven. Feast your eyes.



No boys to worry about and nothing but time! Plus a new house to decorate...we got a new dresser, two rugs, a mirror, a lamp, bedding and all sorts of odds and ends that fit in my car no problem because oh yeah we had no carseats :D 

Then we headed over to JCrew, Banana, etc. before it was time to go home, change, and head out for cocktails and dinner in Southampton (Le Charlot and Tuscan House, for those that know). We got home on Sunday around lunchtime and I made a mental note to not let another 4 years go by before we do that again!! Ashton showed us how happy he was that we were back by sneaking into our bathroom during his quiet time and squeezing out the entire tube of toothpaste all over the place. I was so relaxed though, being fresh off our weekend, I didn't even get mad. I instead chose to savor how minty everything smelled. 

Anyway, it was a wonderful couple of days. Thanks so much to Evan and Kaelyn for getting married - it was the kick we needed to get out of the house! And thanks even more to Poppy and Mema and Jen and Mike for tag-teaming the boys while we were gone. Awesomeness all around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment