28 October 2015

Family Photos 2015

We've come a long way from Family Photos 2014. But even though Alex is now 19 months, Ashton is 4.2, I keep waiting for things to get easier because everyone promises me they will! Haha. Stillllll waaaaaaiting, especially because Alex's new favorite word is the big fat "N-O".

In preparation for our family photo shoot this year, which was at Regis College and shot by August and Iris Photography, I took the boys for their requisite haircuts. Jason usually does them, but he has had a super busy fall and I just knew he would not get to it. So we went to SnipIts, the haircut place for kids. Ashton was done in about 5 minutes - that lady knew what she was doing. Alex, I fear, got an inexperienced stylist who took forever. Which meant he cried for 30 minutes while bits of hair clung to his cheeks (made sticky by his lollipop and tears). It was actually a disaster. I finally told her to please just stop, stood back and studied my red-faced toddler with the choppiest, most uneven haircut you've ever seen. Sigh. I went to the counter, and, too tired to sugar-coat it, told the receptionist I wasn't leaving until someone fixed it because we had our family photos coming up and while I usually would not care I was paying a lot of money for the photos and a lot of money for the haircut and really didn't want both to come out bad. She understood. I actually think the entire salon did - Alex's hair was a mess. Back in the chair he went and after more tears, more lollipops, and more teeny weeny bits of hair stuck everywhere, he was nearly perfect. Good enough.

Next I had to pick their outfits. I wanted them to coordinate yet not match exactly. I went bin-diving in the basement to see what old stuff we had that Alex could wear and squeezed Ashton into one of last year's sweaters. I had shopped quickly for a cute fall outfit for myself, but of course ended up throwing on something that's been in my closet for (no joke) a decade.

Lights, camera...

The day of the shoot was Saturday October 10. We were getting ready to go, Jason was meeting us there, and of course I was already running late when my neighbors, whom I had not met yet, decided to stop by and introduce themselves. 15 minutes ticked by, Ashton was still in his sweats, Alex was still napping, and I was trying to be polite. When they left, I realized Ashton had had an accident, which required a tub, and then I woke Alex up, who cried his face off the entire way there and through the first five minutes of the shoot. Ashton would not stop grimacing, I was cranky and like last year, just wanted to go home.

But, also just like last year, the pictures say none of this. The photographer did a gorgeous job in the 25 minutes we had and this one in particular that she captured of Alex...I die.


My two peas.


And a couple more favorites (some of these are not high-res so if they look fuzzy, that's why - I have the originals).



And a couple more.



And what the heck, a couple more.




So that's the Nills, 10/10/15, cliche fall photo shoot in hopes of getting a good christmas card picture. We'rrre so-oh vaaaain... ha ha  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment