16 December 2014

No Loitering (9 months)

Alex is nine (NINE!) months old and mainly just doing a whole lot of standing around :)


He pulls up on everything he can get his hands on and also crawls at warp speed. I think he has resigned himself to the "If you can't beat'em, join'em" rule when it comes to Ashton.


These two boys are thick as thieves and I can honestly say, when I watch my older one help my younger one, when Ashton talks to Alex, encourages him, brings him something, etc...well they are my most favorite moments I've had as a mom so far. It's indescribable. I remember when I was pregnant with Alex, wondering how I could possibly love another baby as much as I loved Ashton, and everyone said "Your love, kind of, just, well...grows."And it's true, I look at these two boys in amazement every day. They more or less even shared the same expression when we (finally) saw Santa this past Saturday.


Back to 9 months. I went back and read where Ashton was at this age and he wasn't even crawling! Alex is beating Ashton at just about everything, but I know that's because Ashton is paving the way. We had the pedi appointment this morning and here are the latest stats:

Height: 29.5 inches (88th)
Weight: 22 pounds 12 ounces (91st)
Head: 18 inches (70th)
Shots: last Hep B

Clothes: 12-18 month or 18 month
Diapers: size 4
Teeth: two on the bottom and one on the top has cut through
Eyes: blue
Hair: blonde

Foods: all his fruits and veggies, cheese, yogurt, pasta, chicken, etc. It's funny because I was so measured about Ashton's foods, introducing everything properly and generally at a much slower rate. Now, whatever I am making for Ashton, I cut up small and that's what Alex gets. He particularly likes macaroni and cheese (which, praise be this age, I can mix in veggies or meat and he doesn't say boo), and the other day at breakfast Ashton was having toast so I thought, what the heck, and Alex got small pieces too. Who doesn't like toast though. He also drinks water from a sippy. One main difference is that Alex isn't into purees at all (no spoons in his face please). He's really good at feeding himself and I often leave him alone to have at it.


Milk: I am basically exclusively pumping at this point. I nurse him before bed and during the night as he wakes up, but that's it. We hit a very particular sort of perfect storm right around 6.5-7 months, where he was getting super distractible but also getting bottles 5 days a week, and nursing went out the window. I don't have time for it in the morning anyway :-/ So he gets roughly three 6-ounce bottles during the day, at 8 am (breakfast at 8:30 am), 11:30 am (lunch around 12:30 pm) and 3:30-4 pm (dinner around 5:45 -6 pm) and bedtime by 7 pm.

Sleeping: Two naps every day, roughly 9:15-10:30 and 1:30-3:30 on average. He definitely does not sleep through the night. He's usually up twice but for some reason, I am not intent on sleep training him like I was with Ashton. I think maybe it's because he still truly eats and I'm worried about taking those ounces of milk away from him. Also, as many moms with babies this age know, it's the only time I get to hold him! He's otherwise squiggling out of my arms to go explore. Also, we've dropped his crib all the way down to offset all his pulling up.

Toys: He is out of the Merry Muscles and only goes in the Einstein jumper when he is not being directly supervised. Right now he and Ashton are really into Magnatiles and of course, the Christmas tree. But Alex doesn't have anything he truly loves to play with besides the vacuum cleaner hose and various power cords. Those are both guaranteed hits.

Other miscellaneous items. I am going to be moving Alex out of his infant car seat and into the convertible seat that Ashton rides around in. Which means I need to get Ashton a booster now. I tell you, the list of stuff that kids need finds a way to go on and on and ON!

Happy nine months to my fluffy haired little baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment