25 April 2013

Papa's got a brand new bag

GOLF bag, that is. And by bag I mean job. Although, he does have a new golf bag too, and I guess he COULD use it at his new job, but not for awhile probably. Too confusing?

How about: As of May 7, Jason will be the new Food and Beverage Director at Brae Burn Country Club in Newton. Officially. Wow. This is such a huge opportunity and I'm so proud of him. He definitely has his work cut out for him - they are finishing up a major renovation to their clubhouse and are looking for an overall freshening up of the food and beverage program. We have some wonderful family friends that recommended him for the position, he interviewed twice and fast forward to yesterday, he was giving his notice at the Lenox. I know he was really sad about it, especially because it's become an even more tight knit group after the bombings, but this means no more 3 am nights and a big step up career-wise. I am super excited for him, it's going to be such a welcome lifestyle change.

If it's any indication what a classy and thoughtful community he is entering into, I received absolutely gorgeous flowers today at work: "Dear Kristen and Ashton, on behalf of the Board of Directors, the Management Team and the Staff, welcome to the Brae Burn family!" I was so touched. Everyone knows what a big move this is and Jason has support from all sides - it was incredibly nice for BBCC to think of me too! Could not believe it.

Something tells me Jason will become a regular at Golf Town. Gotta look the part. He got new clubs last summer (he does play, and I swing the sticks at the driving range every now and then) but I have a feeling his golf game is going to be getting a lot of new attention. To the point where things might go like this at our house:
But I know he will do great - he is totally committed, a creative problem solver and he never gives up.
Boy there is no shortage of golf cartoons out there.

Honestly, it seems like there is never a dull moment around here. Two weeks ago, Ashton was in the emergency room. Last week, the Boston Marathon was bombed and the perpetrator was captured in our hometown. This week, Jason has a new job. These are like major things! I would have combined this post with the one I just did but this is so much more newsworthy that it deserves to stand on its own. Congratulations again honey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment