25 April 2013

Before and After: A little outside action

It is spring. FINALLY! Yesterday was sunny, in the 60's, and the warm air has never felt so good. One of the best things about spring is watching the leaves and flowers come out. We have been looking at sticks and general brownness (sp?) for so long that when all this life comes back out, it's easy to feel renewed and refreshed.

We moved into our house at the end of January when this was the view out of our bedroom window.


I admit I do love how the only color is the red American flag, especially after last week. (Can I be honest about something here? I could have written that sentence as "I admit I do love the red in this photo for its pop of color, especially after last week." I just hate that phrase "pop of color". No idea why. Hate it. Phew I feel better to get that off my chest.)

Anyway, I'm in love with the tree out front. I'm in love with our entire house actually. We've lived here almost 3 months and the novelty has not worn off. I still can't believe we got so lucky and am grateful every day. But back to the tree. Like the rest of our yard, we had no idea what it would do with the warm April showers. And then all of a sudden, it was yesterday and the tree had exploded. Here's a little before (early February) and after (late April):


I know it's a little hard to see. But there are white flowers:


I just think they are so beautiful. Although, what WON'T be beautiful is when all those petals fall and smoosh into the sidewalk. Sigh.

Another thing that is not beautiful is our yard and specifically, the front right corner if you're looking at the house straight on. If you can bear to look:


The green shoots turned out to be random clumps of daffodils. They were unfortunately yanked out and, where they used to be, we put in pretty little shrubs with pretty pink flowers. The entire bed was raked, mulched and now....


So, we're getting there. Our backyard is the true horror story but I won't tell that one yet.

The best part about the sun coming out, besides a new landscaping season, is baby-sized aviators from Target. It's just so BRIGHT around here!



Awwww yeahhhhh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment