12 March 2013

Zzzzz

If you read this blog faithfully, you know that when Ashton Smashton is awake, it's full speed ahead. He throws things, he climbs things, he's loud, he's fast, and he's curious. This will be me:


We are forced to employ a strategy I like to call "hands-on parenting" to keep him happy and (the operative word here) safe. I admit I get very caught up in trying to keep pace with him, stay one step ahead of a meltdown and all the while try to get something done. When I close his door around 7:15 pm after playing/dinner/cleanup/bath/books/bottle/brushing/bedtime (phew!), the first thing I do is exhale. Loudly. 

So, we went to our friends' daughter's one-year-old birthday last Sunday in Rhode Island. Sadly I have no pictures but it was nice to just relax and BE at the party without my phone glued to my hand. We had a great time, Ashton ran his little heart out and, predictably, fell asleep in the car on the way home.


Being a mom is a funny thing. I don't spend a lot of time being philosophical about it or gushing about it because, I mean, snoozefest. Plus my days are usually too busy for me to think deeply about anything anyway. But every now and then I get treated to some nice simple moments that make all the mom-chores, hard work and playing/dinner/cleanup/bath/books/bottle/brushing/bedtime routines worth it. This entire post is dedicated to the above photo because seeing Ashton asleep is such a rare sight. I must have peeked in the rearview at him about 20 times because his little face is just so perfect (I should add: to me. Children are like dogs in that very few people are ever going to find them as cute as you do or love them as much, and that's fine).) Anyway, his quiet expression and soft snore gave me a peaceful reminder that I really do love him so much. He's one of the handsomest little boys ever :)


(At least give me credit for knowing that this post is boring!)

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to have another baby to spice up this blog!!

    ReplyDelete