21 February 2013

We've moved!

The Nills have left their condo behind! As many of you know because I have bored you silly talking about it, the road to selling 346 Trapelo Road was a long and difficult one. But it's over and we are beyond in love with our new little 129 Edenfield Avenue. It has been our home for about 3 weeks now and the settling in process has been going slower than a snail caught in a river of molasses not been as quick or efficient as I would prefer. Don't get me wrong, Jason has taken care of some "immediately necessary" projects, but I'm coming to realize just how much time and money it's going to take to get it perfect. But we are really, really happy. We had been feeling shorter and shorter on space and I distinctly remember sitting on the deck together right after saying goodbye to Tate last September. We were both so sad and quietly agreed, "Time to go. For real."

So we finally moved on January 30th. Jason had lived in our condo for 10 years, and me for 5.


Despite all our memories, I didn't cry at all. I fully expected Jason and I to have some kind of emotional "moment" saying goodbye to our first home, but after my mom snapped that picture we were back to business, finishing packing and getting the hell out of there. Ashton helped at first:


But by the end, not so much.


You know what I found out? Moving is awful. Like, THE worst. And I actually didn't even move anything, haha. Jason did it all, with Berg's help. We had some movers come for the big stuff in the afternoon, but they were so slow, in fact, that I called to complain and got some money back the next day. Other than that, everything went smoothly thanks to very dedicated friends (Chera and Berg) and family (GG and Grandpa Pat) and here are Jason and Berg enjoying some well deserved beer and dinner at the end of a long day in our new living room.


The first week was tough because the electrician was working off and on- the floor was covered in construction paper, his tools were everywhere, and we slept on a mattress on the floor because our box spring hadn't fit up the stairs. I honestly felt like we were camping or something. Living out of boxes is no fun and even as I write this, only about half of them have been unpacked. Once our new furniture arrives, we've painted, fixed up the exterior and siding, and things are all done I will post some official pictures (so look for those like never haha). For now, this is our home sweet home :)



We totally love it, flaws and all (built in 1927 = small closets, lots of quirks ;) ) and can't wait for visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment