11 February 2013

So we got a little snow


No big deal. Just twenty five inches. Mother Nature let us settle into our house for a few days and then dumped it all right on us.


These kinds of winter storms used to be exciting for me. Oh, how I loved hearing the words "snow day" and imagining a cozy day replete with yummy snacks, hot chocolate, wine, too much TV, pajamas, maybe a fire. But last week, when rumors of a snow day started to swirl, panic set in. Who was in charge of this idea? Did THEY have an 18 month old? Would they like one for the next couple of days? DO THEY KNOW that "housebound" and "toddler" should never be used in the same sentence?!?

Sure enough, the message arrived in my inbox: "Closed on Friday." A pretty straight forward way to announce that a few inches of snow was more important than my sanity. I filed the email under "Could be fatal" and started to make arrangements. Keeping Ashton busy for a few days was going to require all my resources.

Turns out, I was right to worry. Survival wasn't easy and I didn't make it. My ghost is typing this...hahaha lol. Jussssst kidding. Honestly, Ashton and I didn't leave the house (aside from snow adventures in the neighborhood) for almost 3 days and it was mostly fine. When he wasn't working, Jason did a LOT of shoveling. We went out a few times to check on things and "help":



You'll notice the tremendous amount of snow on Ashton's shovel. He actually cleared that whole street all by himself- true story.

But by far the best part of watching him run around was his snowsuit and how it made the "whish" sound with every little step. *whish*whish*whish*whish*whish*. I was dying laughing. He was also dressed in a ton of layers which restricted his movement quite a bit. He fell over a lot.

We took a tour of our new neighborhood


And took turns sledding...



(These darn iPhone videos always come out terribly!)

And snapped a few cute pictures that look like this.


All in all, a long few days but we had a good time :) Thank god. We are loving our new house so far but have tons to do in order to feel truly settled. More updates on that shortly! Right now I have to draft a memo to whoever decided on the snow day last week. It is entitled "You're lucky!"

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I can just hear the *whish*whish*whish*whish*whish*. Kids in snowsuits kill me. So cute!

    ReplyDelete