06 September 2012

Almost Friday!

I have three days as a working mom under my belt. Today, I was in the office from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, picked up Ashton from Chera's, came home, cooked him dinner (a turkey burger, which he ate not one bite of, and pasta with cheese and veggies, also not popular, and a cookie, VERY well received). After dinner, we took a drive to the park and around the neighborhood, came home, read books, took a bath, had a bottle and said good night. Now I am finally sitting down to blog after cleaning up the dinner, the bath, Ashton's bottles, my lunch stuff from today, his lunch stuff from today, repacking my lunch, repacking his lunch, picking up his toys, sweeping the floor, wiping his high chair and showering. Oh and pouring myself a glass of wine.

I think it's safe to say that I have had no concept of a "weekend" since before Ashton was born. On Jason's work schedule, Saturdays and Sundays have always been fair game so his days off are not the same as the typical 9-5'er. For the first time in a long time, I will be joining the ranks tomorrow when I wake up and say cheerfully "TGIF!" This week has been the longest I have ever known. I honestly feel as though my stay-at-home-mom days are a hundred years behind me. After I put up my last post, in which I reported that I had done all right on my first day, I immediately started crying my eyes out. Same thing last night. I put Ashton to bed, tears tears and more tears. The funny thing is, I have been ok when I am at work. It's at night when I come home and realize what I'm used to having all day I only have for 2.5 hours that I get sad. But tonight I have not been upset once :) Progress! The weather was nice today, I got to walk around Bentley and explore the campus during my lunch break. It's like its own little city on the hill - they have their own post office, police station, Barnes and Noble, gym/pool/tennis courts, convenience store, Dunkin Donuts, and practically anything you could ever want to eat within a 5 minute walk. I admitted to myself today that I am working in a pretty cool environment.

One of my favorite things, and I have no idea why, is the interdepartmental mail. I love the big envelopes where you cross out the previous addresses, write the person's name and what building they are in, and then twirl the string around the circle to close it. The guy comes twice a day and scans the box when he picks up and off it goes. It just gives me a thrill, I can't explain it. You know what I am talking about right?


Some people like to fill out forms (I won't name names (Molly) :) ), I like the interdepartmental mail. Leave us be.

Anyway, as I am home less (as in, home less often, not lacking a residence), I don't think I will have as many entertaining Ashton adventures to blog about :( So please bear with me as I adjust to full-time life in an office and not as a mom. I'll do my best to keep up and keep it funny.

Happy (almost) Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment