30 November 2020

Thankful

Nothing like waiting until MLK Day to post about Thanksgiving. Heh. Truth be told, I was several paragraphs into my Christmas post and then realized I had completely missed it (and only because I was scrolling through my photos and saw the turkey). That's just how things are going.

Like Christmas (as you'll soon see), we spent Thanksgiving just the 4 of us due to COVID. We still made all the things and the boys got to have Shirley Temples in glasses with very long stems. Quite special. Quite.

Jason has long claimed to make the best apple pie there is. Even his mom is like "Oh yes, Jason's pie is phenomenal!" And yet somehow, in the dozen or so years since we've been together, I have yet to have this elusive pie. He finally made it this year - the secret ingredients were definitely the kids breathing all over the dough:


And the skilled child labor we employed for the apple peeling. I won't tell you how many times the apples "slipped" into the trash. "OOPS Mommy. Still good, right? Right?"


We turned on the Macy's Day Parade (well, this year's version - still festive!) and filled the day by cooking of course.









I did the turkey burn Peloton ride with more than 40,000 other people!


Bloody Mary's and shrimp and Phase 10:



Um, then whiskey sours...


And then dinner.




We all said what we were thankful for and in the end, talked about how we have so very much. Our plates and hearts were full and these two even tried the green beans.


This and (other Christmas miracles) up next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment