29 August 2018

First day of First Grade!

ACK! I still need to post about California but we have had such a busy and FUN time wrapping up our summer in time for...

The first day of school!

Yep Natick Public Schools opened their doors today, August 29, and I have a certain 7 year old that is in Mrs. Brainerd's class, 1JB, so off he went!


Lotta blue on that kid. 

Anyway, Jason took him to school...



And Ashton got in his line and disappeared. Done and done.

There's actually not much to report :-/ He got off the bus pretty sweaty, it's 97 degrees out and his school has no AC. I instantly asked him loads of questions, as annoying moms do, and he said "Mommy," [sigh] "I don't remember anything about my day. And I'm just so tired. Ok? I need to eat a snack while I'm laying down on the couch." And trudged home. Aw.

Too bad he has to go back tomorrow, and the next day...and 177 times after that until summer comes again ;)

I don't know Mrs. Brainerd. Curriculum night is in a couple of weeks so I'll have a better lay of the land after that. I have no idea where to find his classroom either. School is such a funny thing isn't it? Ashton lives there practically and I couldn't tell you what his teacher even looks like at this point. And I'm somehow fine with it.

Oh, after he had his snack while laying down, he said "UGH, we had to wait at dismissal SO LONG for the bus. Like a lot of hours Mommy." "Hours, really?" "Well, like 15 minutes. But you know, I get to walk down to the gym by myself now because I'm not in Kindergarten anymore." [He paused to consider this and then smiled sooo big.] "So THAT is really awesome. Walking by myself. Also, isn't Christmas during school? I mean we get a break for Christmas, but it's not Christmas unless I'm in school so that means Christmas is coming. So that's good too."

There's a whole range of emoji faces I could insert right now. 

Well they say this is a huge year, first grade. And the growing up train is showing no signs of slowing down. I'm not an unwilling passenger but the ticket price gets steeper every year. Does that make sense? Sometimes I go too far with my analogies :)

Happy first grade Ashton!! Love you honey. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment