19 October 2017

Calm before the October storm

I can't really explain myself but I've had no love for blogging lately :( Everything that I would typically turn into a post I am just like, meh. I am on a dangerous precipice because I know if I quit, I'll regret it. Mainly we have just been really busy. This school business is no joke you guys. Between both boys, the number of donation drives, birthday parties, class events, school picture days, projects, save-the-dates, sign-ups, "make-sure-to-send-this-in"s and overall things going on completely fills my day to the brim. My next two weeks are so beyond that I actually had to make a calendar on top of our regular calendar to fit it all. Let's take a look at the next 12 days! It's a little blurry but I can't figure out how to paste it otherwise.


There are three main issues. First, the Scholastic Book Fair is next week. This massive fundraiser for Lilja? Yep, I'm the chair of it. Binders and folders and webinars and committee members and parent helpers and to-do lists of information - it is way, way bigger than I anticipated when I volunteered. I'll leave it at that but it's been weeks of preparation already and it's simply huge. Second, it's Ashton's week for Family Week next week. He needs to make a very specific poster with photos and things on it, and I will be visiting his class on Thursday to share something special and I have no earthly idea what that is going to be yet. We don't have a unique family culture or anything that makes us that interesting sooo yeah, Kristen, good luck with that when 19 sets of kindergarten eyes are on you and waiting for something good to happen. Third, Halloween is coming. The costumes, the candy, the parties, the parades...I'm already on a couple sign up sheets for snacks and supplies and all that. Also, of course Alex's costume is too big so now I have to get him a smaller one, meanwhile I hid BOTH costumes because otherwise the boys wouldn't wear anything else and I don't want them getting wrecked before the one zillion Halloween things they will be wearing them to..Overall I'm just PRAYING I don't forget something, like the sticker chain letter that I have to copy and send out to a bunch of people but first I have to go buy the stickers. Definitely haven't done that yet and I think my deadline is Monday. Hmmm.

Not listed in all of this is of course the regular school schedule for both boys plus Jason's work schedule plus mine. But, what's the point here. Am I drowning? No. Is it fun? Mostly. I guess I'm just doing other things besides blogging lately ;)

The weather has been gorgeous and warm, the boys are doing great at their schools and I'm hoping my wild west book fair goes off without a hitch next week. But first, Grandma and Grandpa came for a quick visit last weekend we went out apple picking, here are a few pictures! I would say I found the biggest one :D














For those that have made it all the way to the end of this post, may you now enjoy this little musical dessert ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment