03 February 2017

Rolling on

Well it was Groundhog Day yesterday, Phil saw his shadow and started the clock on 6 more weeks of winter. I'll say though, so far it's been mostly dry, minimal snow and rain, and averaging in the 30's. I can definitely handle it. In fact, my mind is already on summer, I signed Ashton up for a June Lego camp yesterday and have to fill out registrations for a few more. And beyond that, I've had to focus on the fall! I had to personally drop off Ashton's kindergarten papers last week, and just got the notification this week that Alex was admitted to the preschool at the same elementary school (Lilja - did I already talk on here about how we were redistricted? I really overreacted haha). But turns out the preschool is full day, all week, which is more than we need. As much as I would have loved to have both boys at the same school, it's not happening. I just sent a check to Community Nursery School of Wayland to enroll Alex on MWF 9-1 in the fall. So that's all set. (Fun fact: I've never even been there haha. But my friend's son is going and I have heard nothing but wonderful things, so I don't anticipate not loving it once I finally go for a tour.)

So. On the homefront, a few very exciting developments. First, way back when I complained that we had all kinds of mismatched doorknobs and hardware in our house (silver, gold and vintage clear). We had two of our ten old downstairs doors replaced last week (Phase 1) and they got nice new nickel doorknobs and hinges. Knowing that the rest of the old ones will also be replaced, I told Jason for the millionth time I would love to switch out the gold knobs and hinges upstairs and everywhere else...well he did it! He took off every door to put on new hinges and even replaced the little latch thingys on the door casing. We officially live in a zero-gold household and Jason and our door guy both think I'm nuts. Woot! 

Another awesome project...we have a built in closet in our bedroom that looked like this.


Considering we have two other closets and a big dresser, we hadn't really had the immediate need to make this area functional. But it's a ton of space and things have piled up since we moved. Jason hit Ikea and basically retrofitted drawers from their closet products into this cabinet!


He even lined them with cool contact paper.


It looks super custom and I can't wait to move some stuff into it! Our problem is we have tons of hanging space but not so many drawers so this will really help. 

What else...we have all the wood for our board and batten project, Jason painted the guest room and all the trim and downstairs ceilings...WHEN did he have time for all this you ask? Well, lucky duck that he is, last weekend I went up to Vermont to meet my new nephew and I brought the boys with me. Jason was left at home with a lonnnnng list and he checked almost every box :) You are amazing honey!

Back to my new nephew though. My sister was visiting from Colorado so I couldn't wait to get up there and meet Holden and see Callie. We had so much fun - we slept at GG's, we jumped at GetAir Trampoline Park, we went sledding at Catamount and we swam at the Edge. The boys each slept for two of the three hours on the drive home. I call that a MAJOR win.

Here is my favorite picture from the trip:



Ok that's two. I couldn't decide ;) 

Our train is going south next week - we are heading to Florida on Monday! Lots of things planned, not the least of which is two days at the Magic Kingdom! I've suffered a bit of Disney mania, it's a LOT of planning (who knew?) and since I've never been, there are a fair number of unknowns. But overall we are so so excited. See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment