04 January 2019

Sayings and spellings

Well there's no shortage of words in our house, that's for sure. Someone is always talking (maybe it's me, usually it's the boys). Thought I'd share some of December's finest before I launch into my holiday recap post.

In no particular order...

***
Alex (playing with his toy cars): "Look Mommy! I'm driving an ASHTON Martin!"

***
Me: "Alex, your hair is so long!"
Alex (exasperated): "It grows Mommy."

***
Alex (seeing it was dark): "Wow it's really late out." 

***
My favorite spellings (by Ashton): "Santa Claws", "Happy Holadase" and in a letter to Pete, our elf, "Welcome bac Pet, I mist you." When Alex was practicing his letters the other day, he told me he was doing both uppercase and "downercase".

***
Both boys have (modified) mohawks lately. Alex says that "spiky is his style". One night after they washed their hair Alex pointed to his freshly combed head and said "LOOK Mommy. ALL of my hair is busy right now being in this mohawk."

***
Alex: "How many elves do you think Santa has? Like a hundred?"
Ashton: "No way, like way more. Like infinity."
Alex: "Like a thousand and a hundred and sixteen hundred and eighty?"
Ashton: "No no, Alex, it's at least a dozen."
Alex: "Ooo, yeah that sounds right."

***
Alex (handing me an umbrella): "Can you turn this on for me?"

***
Alex called the tissues the "nose box"  

***
When we had winter weather in the forecast, Alex told Jason "Better get repaired, Daddy, for the snow."

***
Alex, playing on my laptop: "I'm so good at typing. SO good. I'm like a scientist at it."

***
I gave Alex his milk in a stemless wine glass. He threw his hands up and said "Where's the stand?"

***
In church on Christmas Eve, during the homily, the priest was asking rhetorical questions about everyone's year and what we all pray we can put behind us. He said, "Perhaps you've had an issue with a loved one. Or have you had a strain on a friendship? Maybe there's been a problem with money, or health. Does any of this sound like something you've struggled with?" Ashton, listening intently, whispered to me, "I don't see any hands. I guess no one knows."

He also held up his index and middle finger in a V when the priest said "Let us offer each other a sign of peace."

***
We were getting dressed to see Santa and Alex had on a sweater. He tugged at it and said "Ooof, these clothes are so heavy Mommy. I'm going to have to try really hard not to get hot." (Because when he gets hot he just starts taking things off and he knew how important his sweater was to seeing Santa ;) )

Next to him, Ashton was in his new hightops and said, "These shoes are just so...fresh! And jumpy!" and then Alex said, "Mmm hmmm. I know how that feels." He says that a lot lately in response to things. Lol ???

***
After a long road trip, Alex: "It’s good to feel home."

No comments:

Post a Comment