11 August 2015

Ashton is 4!

I have a real live actual KID. A kid who is about to start his second year of preschool, a kid who has boundless energy and enthusiam, a kid who is FOUR. He is growing pickles (really cucumbers) in the garden, his teeth get stinky if he doesn't brush them, and if the answer to a question ever grants him permission to do something, he says "Yesssssssss." I could propose any activity, any activity at all, and Ashton would jump up and down and say "Yeah! Let's DO it!" Generally he is the most positive little person I know, except when he doesn't get the snack he was expecting. Then he cries an absurd amount and it can be a little trying.

We had his 4 year pediatrician appointment last week and here are his stats:

Height: 43.25 inches. That's 3.6 feet tall!
Weight: 43 pounds
Hair: blond and very straw-like. Crewcut by Jason.
Eyes: blue
Lucky underwear: the white ones with the airplanes
Shoe size: 10.5W
Clothes size: 5T (I swear I will really cry when his clothes no longer have a T after the number)
Shots: 2. Can't remember exactly which ones, I think one was a MMR booster
Reward for the shots: Vanilla fro-yo with gummy bears
Favorite food: Anything resembling a complex carbohydrate
Preferred toy: Cars, cars, and more cars
Naps: 1 (Still! Shhh don't jinx it)
Heading to preschool with the 4 year old class: Sept 2, 5 days a week until 12

Anyway with so much going on in life, the vacation on BI, the house stuff (update to come on that shortly), I did not put together anything remotely resembling a fancy party. There was no theme, no cake, and the day of, JASON was the one who asked me if I had favors for the kids. Uh, I didn't. And when you throw a kid's birthday party, all the kids are so into presents that they sure as heck better go home with something. I did a lot of errands on Saturday morning.

I had originally invited 7 of Ashton's friends and only 4 ended up coming. But it turns out, when you add the siblings and parents that come with those 4 kids, it's a lot! We had the perfect number and perfect weather. Add in a bounce house and a BBQ = perfect party :)


The bounce house was something out of my dreams. We actually had it Friday-Sunday, so besides the party itself, the boys spent hours in this thing. I was really sad to see it go, even though it took up nearly the whole backyard. 

A few party pics:


Poor Alex. He started off in his party outfit, clean, happy and cute. Then the water table happened. Then he fell off a chair. Then he got pummeled in the bounce house. Then he wanted to eat the ice cream all by himself. By the end, it was not pretty. 


In the end, we did not miss a theme and we did not miss the cake. Instead we just had lots of colors and make-your-own ice cream sundaes. Gummy bears are Ashton's favorite topping, who knows why because they just freeze and become impossible to chew, but we're all allowed to like different things.

Happy 4th birthday to Ashton! <---That video is not at the right angle but I have a bad cold right now and can't be bothered to figure out how to flip it. (I gave Ashton a party, he gave me his cold. Thankssss.) 


 Thanks to Holden, Emerson, Adrian and Jackson for helping us celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment