20 July 2015

July Madness

Last July, I posted 3 times. Life just gets busy in the summer but let me say, this month has been some kind of record haha. It started when we went to Long Island for July 4th, and my car broke down on the way home. We had to get towed, I had to get an Uber for myself and the boys due to the tow truck not being able to take car seats and we landed at a Honda service place in West Warwick. The car was in RI for three days (we ultimately had to get a rental car to get home later that day), I managed to find time to drive back down to get it, it broke again on the way home, went into the shop up here and was out of commission another solid 5 days and then I finally just got it back last Friday, only to have my blinker light go out, which Jason had to go get fixed today, because my car needs to be inspected by 7/31 but we leave Sunday for Block Island and I do NOT want to get stuck with a ticket for that on top of everything else. <--- (That was supposed to be one big run-on sentence. See how out of breath I am?) Of course, now we want our money back from the place in West Warwick and it is just this whole thing. 

On top of that, after our driveway and walkway projects were finished, Jason and I decided (perhaps haphazardly) to put our house up as a Make Me Move listing/FSBO on Zillow. THAT has turned into another whole thing in that we now have an accepted offer with an October 9 close date. Can you believe it? Our house is, like, pending sale. So in addition to our week on BI coming up and my mile long pack and to-do list for that, we also been prepping for our home inspection (which is Wednesday) and the small task of figuring out where on earth we are going to move. Not stressful at all! When we get back from BI, I have approximately five minutes to get some sort of 4th birthday party together for Ashton (yikes), and oh, Alex qualified for Early Intervention last week in speech and language, so I've been scheduling the starting sessions on that front. Phew! I'm so sorry, anewnill.blogspot.com. You've been neglected! But all of that is why.

Because no post is complete without an umpteenth picture of the boys, last Friday we went blueberry picking at Smolak Farms in North Andover with Jackson and Adrian. We packed a lunch, headed into the fields, had an ice cream...it was a great day in which Ashton learned he could carry his weight in blueberries and Alex found out the green ones don't taste good. Here are a few of my favorite pictures, not in reader-friendly collage form like usual because that takes more time than I have right now ;) 









Sticky faces and naps in the car on the way home. Big win all around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment