30 December 2012

Kids say the darndest things

We had a wonderful week in Vermont and a fabulous Christmas holiday. Hope yours was filled with lots of joy and cheer as well :) Ashton got lots of practice opening presents and by his 822nd one, he was really quite efficient. I have approximately zero good pictures because he was like an unwrapping tasmanian devil - a total blur. But he gave us something better than pictures - his first word(s)! I am stating for the official record that his first word was "Ball". He holds them or points at them and exclaims "Ball!" loudly and proudly.


He also says car and attempts to say truck and book. There's no doubt that many more will be pouring out of him soon. The only thing that puts a slight damper on this new development was the fact that two days ago, he pointed at me (like, POINTED - that little finger was seriously straight) and said, "COW!" Well you can guess what I did. I jumped back in shock, that's what. And then I put the kibosh on that right away. We sat down with his farm animal puzzle to set things straight: "No, THIS is a cow. Black and white with spots. Moo!" He looked confused. Great, juuuuuust great. I'm going to get a tshirt that says MOM in huge letters and never take it off. COW is not high on the list of things I'd like to be called. Neither is elephant or hippopotamus, but I think I have awhile before Ashton masters those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment