09 November 2012

It snowed this week. Which means...

Time for a vacation. Yes, that's right. The Nill family is getting on an airplane and taking things tropical. We are headed to Aruba with quite the crew: Poppy and Mema, Amy/Jason/Brody/Mckenna, and Kari and Ben. We made the exact same trip 5 years ago when Jason and I had first started dating:


Ahhhh to be young and in love.  The beach, the pool, the lazy river, sunshine and cool breeze were pretty unbelievable. And now we are going back - woo! Except it has taken me weeks to pack this time around. I have googled just about everything in a desperate search for survival tips on air travel with a toddler. I made Jason buy an iPad. I have just finished wrapping lots of teeny tiny gifts for Ashton to open on the plane. I stole a stack of post-it's from work (apparently popular with small children), got stickers and new snacks and assembled what I like to call the "Heavens to Betsy, please Ashton be interested in something in this bag for more than 8 seconds" kit. If that doesn't work, I have downloaded lots of music videos and fun clips on the iPad as the last line of defense. He even has his own headphones.

You're thinking, "Kristen, you said it took you so long to pack. What do you have to bring?" The answer is quite simple: everything. Our entire condo, plus the carseat from the car. The thought of forgetting something is so unspeakably horrifying that I have no other choice. This has made my list quite long as you can imagine. Or short, depending on how you look at it.

So our taxi picks us up at 4 AM and we will have with us two adults, one toddler, and an entire condo. We are leaving the walls and the floor because our realtor scheduled two showings this weekend and we have to have something to sell.

I did say 4 AM, as in 6.5 hours from now. Better finish packing!


No comments:

Post a Comment